Here’s your Weekly News for February 02-08
1. Where are we?
We are on our last week of Red Cycle. Red stripe shows that you can demonstrate the designated combination of kicks that is needed for your belt level. If you haven’t got your stripe yet, make sure that you get to class; and as always…practice! If you want to know what how you can help your child out at home, just ask.
2. When are we testing??
Here is a look at our 2020 TESTING DATES (Dates are subject to change)
- Friday, March 20
- Friday, May 22
- Friday, August 07
- Friday, October 02
- Friday, December 18
3. Important Dates:
- Presidents Day, February 17 – We will be open and have normal class times.
- May 2020 – School Family Picnic (MTF)
4. School Closures:
- Saturday, 22 February
- Saturday, 07 March
- Saturday, 04 April
5. Task Force Valor Competition Team:
Congrats to Jaxon for bringing home Bronze at the Southwestern District Championship this past weekend! Jaxon fought valiantly, leading 23-10, but With 34 seconds left in the second and final round of the match the head judge ruled that Jaxon had accumulated 10 “gamjeoms” or penalties and was disqualified. His opponent went on to finish first.
6. Upcoming Tournaments & Events (1st Qtr)
- 08 February 2020 – Joint Practice with Team Precision @ HCT Pasadena
- 22 February 2020 – Houston Open TKD Championships @ Westfield High School
- 07 March 2020 – Region 9 Taekwondo Championships @ Butler Stadium
- 03-05 April 2020 – Texas State Championships @ Fort Worth Conv. Center
Any questions let me know. See you guys at the school!!