Here’s your Weekly News for March 01-09
1. Where are we?
We are on week 1 of our Blue Cycle. Blue stripe shows that you can demonstrate all your kicks and designated movements or forms for your belt level with minimal help. Blue stripe is and indicator that you are ready for belt testing.
You still need to practice!! A blue stripe does not mean that you will get a perfect score on the test, but you don’t need help in completing required tasks.
Make sure you bring your belt to class. There will be plenty of chance to get all your stripes in time for the test. We will be doing a lot of review and prep for testing. If you feel you need more time, you can always set up a private lesson.
2. When are we testing??
The next color belt test will be on:
- Friday, March 20
Make-up testing will be on
- Friday, April 24
3. Important Dates:
- We will be open for regular class times during spring break
- May 2020 – School Family Picnic (MTF)
4. School Closures:
- Saturday, 07 March
- Friday & Saturday, 03-04 April
- Saturday, 02 May
5. Task Force Valor Competition Team:
Those athletes that will be competing at the Texas State Championships next month, make sure that you order your E-Socks. All competitors will be using electronics at this tournament. Region 9 Qualifier is this weekend, make sure you come to practice focused on what needs to be done to be successful.
6. Upcoming Tournaments & Events
- 07 March 2020 – Region 9 Taekwondo Championships @ Butler Stadium
- 03-05 April 2020 – Texas State Championships @ Fort Worth Conv. Center
- 02 May 2020 – Gulf District National Qualifier @ Butler Stadium
7. New faces
Some of you may have noticed some new faces around. Don’t be alarmed. We are in the process of bringing in and training new staff!! This is great news for all of us. Please make them feel welcomed. There will be more details and formal introductions as the continue on and complete their on boarding.
Any questions let me know. See you guys at the school!!