Here’s your Weekly News for June 14-20
1. Where are we?
We had an awesome belt test!! I’m so proud of all you guys. You all looked great, just like I knew you would.
Now that testing is over we will take time to let some of our older and newer members to get acclimated to being back. For the rest of us, we will start the to prepare for our next cycle by being introduced to new techniques and reviewing past material. Some of us are making the jump from tots to cadet and cadet to juniors so there is a learning curve; especially for those about to be introduced to sparring.
It’s all going to be fun and I’m super excited. We’ll take it slow like always and in a few weeks we will start up our white cycle.
2. When are we testing?
We will continue to catch students up as they return so they don’t fall too far behind and we will work to getting back in sync with our testing calendar.
As for our next big test, we will look to test prior to school starting. So sometime in August.
3. Important changes:
As stated before, we will begin to shift towards normalcy by implementing the 2nd phase of reopening.
HC TKD Pearland Reopening Phase 2 (approx 2 weeks from today, 15Jun2020):
I love having all you guys together, but it’s time for you guys to be separated in your specific groups to efficiently progress. So we will be changing to our second modified class schedule in a few weeks. This is where we will begin hosting our evening classes at normal times in accordance to age and rank. We will still continue to provide additional “open” tot/kid classes during the day. NOTE: THIS CHANGE IS NOT HAPPENING TODAY. We will start in about 2 weeks.
You can view the schedule HERE for planning purposes:
- Social distancing will still be emphasized and practiced during class. Max capacity guidelines have increased from 25% to 50%. However, we will still continue day classes to keep headcount minimal and manageable under current conditions.
- As before, I will be assessing class participation and if class size becomes a problem we will resort reserving class spot. We have done and excellent job with class sizes this far with our largest class being 10. I don’t think tots woo be an issue.
In an effort to streamline class change, I ask that you continue to:
- Arrive dressed and ready for your class in order to minimize congestion in or around the bathrooms.
- At this time during regular class, I would still discourage parents/siblings sitting in the lounge area. So I still ask that if you are not participating in a class that you wait in your vehicle. This helps with headcount.
- Day class times will run on the hour; evening classes will run back to back. I ask that you still find the time to sanitize your hands and feet with hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes.
Again, this is not happening right now. We will start these changes in about two weeks. I will continue to keep you updated.
You can find out more about our reopening by referencing HERE.
You guys stay safe!