Here’s your Weekly News for August 16-22
1. Where are we?
Blue cycle. Over the next two weeks we will be getting everyone caught up and preparing for testing! Blue stripe shows that you do not need assistance to complete your testing requirements. It also means that you demonstrated that you are prepared to accept the responsibility of your next belt rank. So parents, if you don’t think your child has demonstrated that behavior that we all want, let me know. If you want to know how you can help your child out at home, just ask.
2. When are we testing?
Our next Color Belt Test will be held for Friday, September 4th.
The timeline is as follows:
Friday, September 4, 2020
- 4:00pm – 4:45pm – Beginner/Advanced Tot’s
- 5:00pm – 5:45pm – Cadet/Junior Beginners
(White Belt, White w/ Orange Stripe Belt, ½ White ½ Orange Belt)
- 6:00pm – 6:45pm – Cadet/Junior Intermediates
(Green w/ White Stripe Belt, ½ White ½ Green Belt, Green Belt, Purple Belt, Blue Belt)
- 7:00pm – 7:45pm – Adults
WHAT TO EXPECT at your promotion ceremony:
- Wear Full Uniform! Clean and pressed!
- Arrive 10 minutes early to warm up!
- Invite family members and special friends to come cheer you on! This is a very important day for you!
- Be ready to perform some of your skills with the rest of the class
Regular classes will be cancelled this day and throughout Labor Day weekend. Classes will resume Tuesday, September 8th.
You will be invited to testing via email or in person. Testing fees for promotion test are $40.00 and can be paid via cash, card or online (link will be emailed to you). Make up test date will be scheduled towards the end of the month. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call! (832) 336-2009.
3. Important changes:
This will be the last week that we will hold open day classes. Starting next Monday, August 24th we will implement the final schedule change that we will take into this school year. I have monitored class sizes and attendance over the past three months and have decided that the following schedule will be best for us moving forward. We will continue to follow all safety guidelines that we have implemented and make necessary changes as needed.
You can view the finalized schedule HERE.
- Friday, September 4th – Belt Testing and closed
- Saturday, September 5th – Monday, September 7th – Labor Day Weekend
- Classes will resume Tuesday, September 8th.
You guys stay safe!