Happy holidays! I hope you’re enjoying your 3-Day weekend. Here’s your weekly news for January 17-23.
1. Where are we?
Red Cycle – This is our third week of red cycle. This stripe is awarded to students once they have learned and can demonstrate properly their belt level kicks. Each belt has a kick combination that they will require to learn and/or break a board with. This week we will finish up breaking down the mechanics of our kicks; continue with repetition; then move on to “testing” for our first stripe.
Parents, if you want to know what is needed to assist at home just let me know. Make sure you bring your belt to class. If you are missing your stripes you should come see me sooner than later. We will be covering your forms for testing all week.
2. When are we testing?
Our next cycle test is scheduled for Friday, March 26, 2021. Candidates and schedules will be posted when we get closer to testing.
Please note, we have made some adjustments to our testing procedures. We will still continue with our testing cycles, however we will hold testing at the end of each month for those students that need to retest, make up, move ahead, new students, etc… Testing will be held on Fridays. There will not be regular classes on test dates. The next date for this will be January 29, 2021.
3. School Closure Dates:
- Jan 29, 2021 – There are no regular classes on test dates
- There will be a modified class schedule for Spring Break in March
4. School Schedule
There was a change to our Saturday classes two weeks ago! If you need a copy of the class schedule, you can get it HERE.
5. COVID Precautions
As we return for the holidays, I want to bring everyone up to speed on what we plan to do to ensure that everyone is safe. Listed HERE are some guidelines for everyone. Remember, we all play a part in these protocols.
In addition, you can help with the fight with a few simple tips.
- Children 10 and older, teens and adults are strongly encouraged to follow the guidelines given by the county to wear mask.
- Check your Child’s temperature prior to class. If your child presents with a high temperature / fever, cough, flu like symptoms please keep your child safe at home, and contact a physician.
- If your child has had any COVID-19 symptoms, has tested positive for COVID-19, or has had close contact (within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes) with a confirmed COVID-19 positive individual in the last 10 days, he/she should not return to school on this week.
- Bring bottled water for your child. The water fountains will not be available, to prevent germ spread until further notice.
- In addition, if you take your symptomatic student to get a COVID test, he/she should not return to school until negative test results are received.
We want to keep the waiting area clear. There will not be any chairs available, I ask parents and siblings to not sit in the waiting area. Again we want to keep our head count to a minimum. This will only be a temporary precaution as we return from the holidays. As before I will have hand sanitizer readily available and will gladly give you a shot when needed.
Please take a look at our guidelines.
Looking forward to seeing all your smiling faces this week!!