It’s Monday family and friends. Here’s your weekly news for March 28- April 03.
1. Where are we?
At every belt level, students must work their way to achieving their goals in Taekwondo class. Our dojang uses a reward system to communicate to our students that “hard work pays off!” On their belt, students are capable of earning stripes by working in the class. Each side of the belt represents a general aspect of Taekwondo.
Red Cycle – This stripe is awarded to students once they have learned and can demonstrate properly their belt level kicks. Each belt has a kick combination that they will require to learn and/or break a board with. During the first few weeks we will spend time breaking down the mechanics of our kicks; working on technique. Then we will move on to repetition. Then finally, we will work on “testing” for our first stripe.
Remember: stripes, as well as belts, are earned through hard work and effort. Therefore, they can be lost by lack of effort and/or disobedient behavior. Students are responsible for their progression and held accountable. Every day they make a promise to have respect, give their best effort, and have courtesy. I hold them to that promise.
2. When are we testing?
Our next monthly test will be April 30th. Our next cycle test is scheduled for Friday, June 25, 2021. Candidates and schedules will be posted when we get closer to testing.
Here are the future testing dates for 2021 (dates are subject to change):
- April 30
- May 28
- June 25
- July 30
- August 27
- September 24
- October 29
- November 19
- December 17
3. School Closure Dates:
- Apr 10th – Region 9 AAU Tournament @ Sam Houston State University
- April 30 – Belt Testing
- June 5 – Family
- July 4-10 – AAU Nationals (tentative dates…details to follow)
4. Competition Team
Region 9 Tournament is here!!
- Location: Sam Houston State Univ, Johnson Coliseum, Huntsville TX
- Entry Fee: 1 or 2 events $95, additional events $25 each
- Coaches Fee: $25 no later than April 5th.
- Spectator Fee: Adults $10, Kids $5, Under 3 Free
- Registration is online only. You can register HERE
- Deadline for registration is no later than April 5th.
- Staging times for Olympic Sparring 5-11 year olds @ 9am
- Staging times for Olympic Sparring 12 and up @10am
- Staging times for Forms @ 1pm
Other Tournament Dates:
- May 22 – AAU Southwest Distict @ Arlington TX
- July 4-10 AAU Nationals in Las Vegas, NV
It’s going to be a great week, see you all at the school!