Hey HC TKD, it’s Monday. Here’s your weekly news for April 25-May 01
1. Where are we?
Red Cycle – This is our third week of red cycle. This stripe is awarded to students once they have learned and can demonstrate properly their belt level kicks. Each belt has kicks and combinations that they will require to learn and/or break a board with. This week we will finish up breaking down the mechanics of our kicks; continue with repetition; then move on to “testing” for our first stripe.
Parents, if you want to know what is needed to assist at home just let me know. Make sure you bring your belt to class. If you are missing your stripes you should come see me sooner than later. We will be covering your forms for testing all week.
2. When are we testing?
Our next monthly test will be April 30th. Our next cycle test is scheduled for Friday, June 25, 2021. Candidates and schedules will be posted when we get closer to testing.
Here are the future testing dates for 2021 (dates are subject to change):
- April 30
- May 28
- June 25
- July 30
- August 27
- September 24
- October 29
- November 19
- December 17
3. School Closure Dates:
- April 30 – Belt Testing
- May 27 – Shadow Creek HS Graduation
- June 5-6 – Master Davis’s mother is coming to visit
- July 5-10 – Our kids competing in AAU Nationals (Las Vegas, NV)
4. Competition Team
Our next tournament is May 22 – AAU Southwest Distict @ Arlington TX
- Location: Hilton Arlington, 2401 East Lamar Blvd. Arlington TX 76006
- Entry Fee: 1 OR 2 EVENTS $100. 3 EVENTS $150. EACH ADDITIONAL EVENT $10.00.
- SPECTATOR FEE $10 (Ages 4 and under FREE)
- Coaches Fee: $45 no later than May 10th.
- Athlete Check In: 8:30
- Competition Start Time: 9:00
- Registration ends MAY 4th.
- Registrations for event is HERE
Other Tournament Dates:
- June 12 – World Class TKD Championship @ Huntsville, TX
- July 5-10 – AAU Nationals @ Las Vegas, NV
It’s going to be a great week, see you all at the school!