Hey HC TKD, I just wanted to send you all some announcements of whats going on here at the school.
First, I sent a video out to our FB Group. If you still haven’t been added to our FB Group there are two ways you can do that. 1) Like our schools FB page 2) Send me a friend request. Either of those options will help me find you and add/invite you to the group. Now on to what’s going on….
1. Where are we?
Blue Cycle – We are finishing up for our belt test which will be held next Friday! If you have scheduling conflicts or if you child is not quite ready yet, no need to worry. We will have a belt test at the end of July and they will stay on track.
The test schedule will be:
- 4pm – Tots
- 5pm – Beginners
- 6pm – Intermediate/Advance
- 7pm – Teen/Adults
I have sent emails out to those students that will be testing next week. That email may be in your spam folder.
2. Schedule Changes:
We are making some minor changes to the schedule. You can fine a copy of the new schedule here.
- Core classes will be held Mon-Thur. These are classes that you will gain most of the material you will need to progress through the ranks
- Sport TKD Training are classes that involve sport type drills (most partner assisted). These classes will turn into our sparring sessions. In order to particpate in sparring you will need sparring gear. You can come see me regarding equipment.
- The 5:15 evening Tot’s class will not be on Wed and Fri.
- Comp Team will have class starting at 7pm on Fridays instead of 6pm.
- We will be starting a new Leadership Team that will have class on Monday at 6pm and Friday at 6:30. This class will be centered around public speaking and being comfortable being in the spotlight and leadership positions. If you want to know more info let me know.
This schedule will start this Monday!! You can get a copy here.
3. School Closure Dates:
- July 5-10 – Our kids competing in AAU Nationals (Las Vegas, NV)
4. Competition Team
Congrats and Good Luck to our 10 students that will be representing us at AAU Nationals this year!!!! There are going to be over 1500 competitors at this event. I can’t wait!
There will be a popcorn fundraiser for the school competition team. If you would like to participate in the fundraiser for raise money for them, purchase popcorn, or sponsor/donate to an athlete let me know and we can take care of that.
***UPDATE*** The popcorn fundraiser cannot be scheduled due to time constraints
Last, tshirts are on there way!!! I know a lot of you have been asking about them. There will be a couple of designs to choose from. They will b e$20 and I will be taking orders here shortly!!
Thank you all for everything. I’ll see you soon.