Dear HCT family and friends,
I hope all is well with everyone and you have a joyous holiday season ahead of you. As we close the year out for the holidays I want to let you all know that starting January 3, 2022 we will be implementing a new class schedule. The new class schedule will be broken down into 4 core days, 1 sparring day and 1 day for open training. Core classes will be broken down even further to “A” days (Mon / Tue) and “B” days (Wed / Thu). The focus on A or B days will be the same but the activities may differ (i.e. the focus on Monday and Tuesday may be back kick but on Monday we might kick bags and Tuesday we may use kick shields). There are also several changes to class times and structure. Please read below and follow along with the attached schedule.
The schedule is broken dow as follows:
Tots Class (in green):
- Tots class will be held Monday – Thursday from 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm. The tots evening class will be moved to Tuesday and Thursday from 5:15 pm to 5:45 pm. There will be no tots classes on Fridays.
Beginners Class (in yellow):
- There will be 4 beginner classes. Classes will be held Monday and Wednesday from 4:30 pm to 5:15 pm; and Tuesday and Thursday from 5:45 pm to 6:30 pm. Tue/Thur classes will be combined to 1 class and it will be at 5:45 pm instead of 6:00 pm.
Intermediate/Advanced Class (in orange):
- There will 4 intermediate/advanced belt classes (green belt to 1/2 Red 1/2 black). Monday and Wednesday classes will be 5:45 pm to 6:30 pm. Tuesday and Thursday classes will be held from 4:30 pm to 5:15 pm. Intermediate and advanced belts are combined in one class with the intent to have intermediate belts having their own block of instruction and advanced belts having their own block of instruction. But the ability to be joined if needed.
Teen/Adult Class (in red):
- There will be 3 teen/adult classes; Tuesday/Thursday evenings from 7:15 pm to 8:15 pm and Saturday mornings from 9:00 am to 10:00 am. Teen/adult classes start at the age of 13. If your child is a teenager I encourage them to tryout this class for a more mature and exciting environment.
Competition Class (in grey):
- Athletes who compete will have team training 4 days a week; Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm and Saturday from 10:45 am to 12:15 pm.
Leadership Class (in blue):
- Leadership classes will be 2x per week. Classes are Monday and Wednesday from 5:15 pm to 5:45 pm. Classes will now be in between beginners and int / adv classes. This will make volunteering & receiving your training more convenient.
Black Belt Class:
- There will be 2 classes a week dedicated to black belts only. Class times will be Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm.
Sparring Class (on Fridays):
- Every Friday there will be kids sparring class held. Classes will be split amongst beginner ranks and intermediate/advanced ranks. The amount of time on sparring drills and free sparring will be dependent on participation. You will need sparring gear in order to participate in sparring classes. You can order gear here.
Open Class (in purple):
- There will be one open class on Saturday from 10:00 am to 10:45 am. Open classes are open to all belts. This class is not scripted like other classes, meaning it is intended for extra practice (to include kicking, forms, conditioning, make up classes, etc…)
Class sizes will be limited to allow adequate teacher student ratio. That will require you to stick to a schedule that works for you. Some of you may want to change your classes to better fit your schedule based off the changes. That is perfectly fine. Remember, if necessary, memberships can be upgraded or downgraded. I will reach out to all of you to confirm class days and times; and answer any questions you may have. In the meantime, I have created a signup form via signup genius to make it easy to get a headcount for classes. I’m only tracking classes for tot’s, kids and adult classes. Please take a minute to reserve your spot.
You can find the new class schedule here:
All the best,