Dear students and families,
Welcome to our weekly announcements for HC Taekwondo Pearland! These updates are designed to keep you informed about all the latest news and events happening at our school.
As you continue to navigate the daily grind, we remain committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all of our students. Whether you’re a seasoned black belt or just starting out on your martial arts journey, we are here to support you every step of the way.
So grab your dobok and get ready to stay up-to-date with everything happening at HC Taekwondo!
I. Upcoming Events
We have several exciting events coming up in the next few weeks:
- April 29th: World Class Taekwondo Championships. We are thrilled to announce that six of our students will be representing HCT Pearland at the upcoming sparring competition, taking place in Huntsville,TX.
- May 6th: South Texas District Championship. Good luck to the students who will be competing in the AAU National Qualifier this weekend!
- May 10th-11th: Mom & Me Class. Our special Mother’s Day Mom and Me class is a fun and memorable way for moms and their children to spend quality time together while learning the basics of taekwondo and creating lasting memories.
- May 17th-18th: Color Belt Testing. All eligible students are encouraged to participate and show off the skills they’ve been working hard to develop. Please check your email for more information on registration and testing requirements.
- May 31st: AAU/USAT National Training Camp. Our elite athletes are gearing up for the AAU National Championships and USAT National Championships with our rigorous sparring camp featuring two-a-day training sessions, designed to elevate their skills and prepare them for success on the national stage.
- June 14th-15th: Dad & Me Class. Our Dad and Me class is a fun and interactive way for fathers and their children to bond over taekwondo, building strength, coordination, and confidence together in a supportive and encouraging environment.
II. Schedule Changes
- We will be open for classes on Memorial Day.
- Please note that we will not have regular classes on May 17th/18th due to Color Belt Testing.
- To stay up-to-date with the latest schedule changes, please make sure you follow us on social media.
III. Student Achievements
- Students who have straight A’s or a GPA of 4.0 at the end of a school quarter, before the testing date (May 17-18) will be awarded an Academic Achievement Tab. This tab could be worn on the side of their uniform. To be eligible, please submit a copy of the student’s report card.
- Students who also improve one letter grade in at least two subjects while maintaining the grades in all subjects will be awarded an Academic Achievement Tab.
- However, department grades must also be satisfactory to achieve this award.
- To be eligible, please submit a copy of the student’s report card.
IV. Training Tips
- One important tip for improving your sparring technique is to focus on your footwork, as good footwork can help you move in and out of range quickly, avoid attacks, and set up your own strikes. Try practicing drills that focus on footwork, such as chunjin and hujin, and pay attention to the way you move on the mat during sparring sessions.
V. School Announcements
- If you know anyone interested in an after-school or summer activity, spread the word about our 2-week trial for $39 or send them a link HERE.
VII. Community Outreach
- We are looking to do an Operation Backpack and/or Clothing Drive in July. If you have experience or would like to help coordinate, let me know.
- Remember that our Color Belt Test will be next month (May 17th-18th). You still have time to earn your stripes. If you need additional assistance, speak with an instructor about private lessons.
- Be ready to work when you come to class and remember to bring your belt to class.
- Remember that every day you step onto the mat, you are taking another step toward achieving your goals. No matter how small that step may seem, it’s progress. Keep working hard, stay committed to your training, and never give up on your dreams. With dedication, determination, and perseverance, anything is possible. Keep pushing yourself, and you’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish!