Dear students and families,
Welcome parents to our weekly announcements at HC Taekwondo Pearland! We are excited to keep you updated on the latest news and events in our school. We encourage you to check back regularly and stay connected with our school community. Thank you for your continued support and dedication to your child’s Taekwondo journey. Now let’s get to it…
I. Upcoming Events
We have several exciting events coming up in the next few weeks:
- May 6th: South Texas District Championship. Good luck to the students competing in the AAU National Qualifier this weekend!
- May 10th-11th: Mom & Me Class. Our special Mother’s Day Mom and Me class is a fun and memorable way for moms and their children to spend quality time together while learning the basics of taekwondo and creating lasting memories.
- May 17th-18th: Color Belt Testing. All eligible students are encouraged to participate and show off the skills they’ve been working hard to develop. Please check your email for more information on registration and testing requirements.
- May 31st: AAU/USAT National Training Camp. Our elite athletes are gearing up for the AAU National Championships and USAT National Championships with our rigorous sparring camp featuring two-a-day training sessions, designed to elevate their skills and prepare them for success on the national stage.
- June 14th-15th: Dad & Me Class. Our Dad and Me class is a fun and interactive way for fathers and their children to bond over taekwondo, building strength, coordination, and confidence together in a supportive and encouraging environment.
- July 2nd-10th: AAU & USAT National Championships. Several of our students will put their skills to the test competing against other taekwondo schools across the nation in sparring, poomsae, and board breaking.
II. Schedule Changes
- We will be open for classes on Memorial Day.
- Please note that we will not have regular classes on May 17th/18th due to Color Belt Testing.
- To stay up-to-date with the latest schedule changes, please make sure you follow us on social media.
III. Student Achievements
- Students who have straight A’s or a GPA of 4.0 at the end of a school quarter, before the testing date (May 17-18) will be awarded an Academic Achievement Tab. This tab could be worn on the side of their uniform. To be eligible, please submit a copy of the student’s report card.
- Students who also improve one letter grade in at least two subjects while maintaining the grades in all subjects will be awarded an Academic Achievement Tab.
- However, department grades must also be satisfactory to achieve this award.
- To be eligible, please submit a copy of the student’s report card.
IV. Training Tips
- In the heat of training, it can be easy to lose focus and become overwhelmed by stress. But by consciously focusing on your breath, you can ground yourself in the present moment and stay centered. This training tip can help you remain calm, clear-headed, and ready to perform at your best. To practice focusing on your breath during training, start by taking deep, intentional breaths. As you inhale, imagine filling your lungs with fresh, energizing air, and as you exhale, imagine releasing tension and stress from your body. You can also try counting your breaths, inhaling for a count of four, and exhaling for a count of four. With practice, focusing on your breath will become a natural part of your training routine, helping you to stay calm, centered, and in control.
V. School Announcements
- If you know anyone interested in an after-school or summer activity, spread the word about our 2-week trial for $39 or send them a link HERE.
VII. Community Outreach
- We are looking to do an Operation Backpack and/or Clothing Drive in July. If you have experience or would like to help coordinate, let me know.
- Remember that our Color Belt Test will be next month (May 17th-18th). You still have time to earn your stripes. If you need additional assistance, speak with an instructor about private lessons.
- Be ready to work when you come to class and remember to bring your belt to class.
- Remember, every day is an opportunity to become a little bit better. Keep pushing yourself, stay focused, and never give up on your dreams!