Dear students and families,
Welcome parents stay up-to-date with our taekwondo school’s weekly announcements blog. Get the latest updates on class schedules, events, and more!
I. Upcoming Events
We have several exciting events coming up in the next few weeks:
- May 10th-11th: Mom & Me Class. Our special Mother’s Day Mom and Me class is a fun and memorable way for moms and their children to spend quality time together while learning the basics of taekwondo and creating lasting memories.
- May 17th-18th: Color Belt Testing. All eligible students are encouraged to participate and show off the skills they’ve been working hard to develop. Please check your email for more information on registration and testing requirements.
- May 31st: AAU/USAT National Training Camp. Our elite athletes are gearing up for the AAU National Championships and USAT National Championships with our rigorous sparring camp featuring two-a-day training sessions, designed to elevate their skills and prepare them for success on the national stage.
- June 14th-15th: Dad & Me Class. Our Dad and Me class is a fun and interactive way for fathers and their children to bond over taekwondo, building strength, coordination, and confidence together in a supportive and encouraging environment.
- July 2nd-10th: AAU & USAT National Championships. Several of our students will put their skills to the test competing against other taekwondo schools across the nation in sparring, poomsae, and board breaking.
II. Schedule Changes
- We will be open for classes on Memorial Day.
- Please note that we will not have regular classes on May 17th/18th due to Color Belt Testing.
- To stay up-to-date with the latest schedule changes, please make sure you follow us on social media.
III. Student Achievements
- Students who have straight A’s or a GPA of 4.0 at the end of a school quarter, before the testing date (May 17-18) will be awarded an Academic Achievement Tab. This tab could be worn on the side of their uniform. To be eligible, please submit a copy of the student’s report card.
- Students who also improve one letter grade in at least two subjects while maintaining the grades in all subjects will be awarded an Academic Achievement Tab.
- However, department grades must also be satisfactory to achieve this award.
- To be eligible, please submit a copy of the student’s report card.
IV. Training Tips
- Incorporating strength training exercises into your workout routine can help improve power and explosiveness, as well as overall fitness and health. By focusing on exercises that target key muscle groups, such as the legs, core, and upper body, you can increase your strength and develop explosive movements that are beneficial for activities like Taekwondo. Examples of effective strength training exercises include squats, deadlifts, lunges, push-ups, and pull-ups. Adding these exercises to your training regimen can help enhance your performance in martial arts and improve your overall physical fitness.
V. School Announcements
- If you know anyone interested in an after-school or summer activity, spread the word about our 2-week trial for $39 or send them a link HERE.
VII. Community Outreach
- We are looking to do an Operation Backpack and/or Clothing Drive in July. If you have experience or would like to help coordinate, let me know.
- Remember that next week is our Color Belt Testing (May 17th-18th). This is your last week to earn your stripes. If you need additional assistance, speak with an instructor about private lessons.
- Be ready to work when you come to class and remember to bring your belt to class.
- Remember, every day is an opportunity to become a little bit better. Keep pushing yourself, stay focused, and never give up on your dreams!