Dear students and families,
Welcome to our weekly announcements for HC Taekwondo Pearland! These updates are designed to keep you informed about all the latest news and events happening at our school.
I. Upcoming Events
We have several exciting events coming up in the next few weeks:
This week May 17th-18th is our Color Belt Testing.
- May 31st: AAU/USAT National Training Camp. Our elite athletes are gearing up for the AAU National Championships and USAT National Championships with our rigorous sparring camp featuring two-a-day training sessions, designed to elevate their skills and prepare them for success on the national stage.
- June 3rd: H-Town TKD Invitational. Last tournament of the season. For a few it’s the last match before the big stage, for others it’s preparation for next year.
- June 14th-15th: Dad & Me Class. Our Dad and Me class is a fun and interactive way for fathers and their children to bond over taekwondo, building strength, coordination, and confidence together in a supportive and encouraging environment.
- July 2nd-10th: AAU & USAT National Championships. Several of our students will put their skills to the test competing against other taekwondo schools across the nation in sparring, poomsae, and board breaking.
- July 10th: Backpack & clothing drive. More to follow…
II. Schedule Changes
- Please note that we will not have regular classes on May 17th/18th due to Color Belt Testing.
- We will be open for classes on Memorial Day.
- To stay up-to-date with the latest schedule changes, please make sure you follow us on social media.
III. Student Achievements
- Students who have straight A’s or a GPA of 4.0 at the end of a school quarter, before the testing date (May 17-18) will be awarded an Academic Achievement Tab. This tab could be worn on the side of their uniform. To be eligible, please submit a copy of the student’s report card.
- Students who also improve one letter grade in at least two subjects while maintaining the grades in all subjects will be awarded an Academic Achievement Tab.
- However, department grades must also be satisfactory to achieve this award.
- To be eligible, please submit a copy of the student’s report card.
IV. Training Tips
- Learn how to properly warm up and stretch to prevent injuries. Proper warm-up and stretching routines are essential for injury prevention during workouts. They serve to increase blood flow, improve flexibility, and prepare muscles for activity. Engaging in dynamic movements and stretches specific to the muscles you’ll be using can enhance performance and reduce the risk of strains, sprains, and other injuries. By allocating sufficient time to warm up and stretching, you prioritize injury prevention and promote overall safety in your training. Remember, investing a few minutes in a comprehensive warm-up and stretching routine can have a significant impact on your long-term health, allowing you to enjoy your workouts while minimizing the likelihood of setbacks.
V. School Announcements
- If you know anyone interested in an after-school or summer activity, spread the word about our 2-week trial for $39 or send them a link HERE.
VII. Community Outreach
- We are looking to do an Operation Backpack and/or Clothing Drive in July. If you have experience or would like to help coordinate, let me know.
- Remember that next week is our Color Belt Testing (May 17th-18th). This is your last chance to earn your stripes. If you need additional assistance, speak with an instructor about private lessons.
- Be ready to work when you come to class and remember to bring your belt to class.
- Keep pushing forward, students! Embrace challenges as opportunities to grow. Stay focused, work hard, and never underestimate your potential. Believe in yourself, stay determined, and remember that your efforts today shape the success of your tomorrow. You’ve got this!