Hey there, shining stars! Welcome to a week where your potential knows no bounds. Each day is an opportunity to showcase your strength and determination. Let’s ignite the week with your unstoppable spirit!
I. Upcoming Events
Check out what we have coming up the next few months:
- Sep 10th: Week 6 of our cycle. This week is sparring week. If you are a green belt and up, make sure you bring your sparring gear to class. If you need gear, Click link SPARRING GEAR
- Class focus: Line drills, reactions drills, partner drills, and sparring
- Sep 16th: World Class Taekwondo Tournament (Huntsville, TX). Preseason opener for our athletes, showcasing their talent on the local stage. Click here for registration. REGISTER
- Sep 23rd-24th: USA Taekwondo Grand Prix Final. Cheer her on as, 2023 AAU, USAT, & State Champion Adelina Deleon, competes in our schools first Grand Prix event!
- Sep 30th: South Texas Open (San Antonio, TX). Show your support for our comp team athletes as the compete in their second preseason competition at a regional level. Click here for registration. REGISTER
- Oct 4th-5th: Color Belt Testing. Let’s have another fantastic performance!!
- Oct 14th: Parent’s Night Out – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Movie Night & Costume Party. Unleash your inner superhero and celebrate with us! You can register here. OCTOBER PNO
- Oct 21st: 42nd Annual UMA Championships. Get set for the thrill of the 42nd Annual UMA Championships – our HCT Pearland Comp Team’s debut in the regular season. Our champions are gearing up to showcase their dedication and skill!
II. Schedule Changes
- We will be open on the following dates:
- Oct 9th: Columbus Day
- Oct 16-20th: Fall Break. Will be open for normal business hours
- Nov 20-22nd: Thanksgiving Break. We will have a modified schedule.
- To stay up-to-date with the latest schedule changes, please make sure you follow us on social media.
III. Training Tips
- Mastering the Round Kick. Maximize your roundhouse kick’s power and speed by pivoting your supporting foot and turning your hips fully into the kick. This generates greater torque and impact. Crisp execution is key to a devastating roundhouse kick. Focus on the snap of your lower leg, aiming to make contact with the shin or instep, and quickly retract to a guarded position for optimal speed and accuracy. You can read more on tips to refine your roundhouse kick here in our blog, click HERE.
IV. School Announcements
- If you know anyone interested in an after-school or summer activity, spread the word about our Back-to-School Special for New Students! ONE FREE WEEK OF CLASSES! 🎉 Plus, grab a complimentary t-shirt and learn how to get $100 off on your membership upon joining. You can share the link FREE TRIAL.
- For those in intermediate or advanced belts, gearing up for your black belt test, or simply looking for sparring gear or uniforms, your search ends here! Look no further! Simply click on the link provided and unlock a world of high-quality equipment and apparel. Your journey towards excellence starts with the right tools – so let’s gear up and make every moment count! Click link SPARRING GEAR
V. Community Outreach
- Join us in supporting our future after-school program by contributing to our donation drive for school-related items. We’re on the lookout for children’s books, activity books, paper, pencils, crayons, color pencils, and more. Your generosity makes a lasting impact! If you have gently used items to share, simply drop them off at the front desk.
- But that’s not all – stay tuned for our collaboration with the Houston Food Bank in October. Together, we’ll launch a food drive to provide for those in need, just in time for Thanksgiving. More details on the October food drive are coming soon. Let’s unite in spreading warmth and positivity within our community! Together, We Make a Difference!
- Be ready to work when you come to class and remember to bring your belt to class.
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
- This quote by Tim Notke teaches us that working hard is more important than being naturally talented when someone with talent doesn’t put in the effort. It shows that with determination and effort, anyone can achieve success, even if they aren’t naturally gifted. So, don’t give up and keep working hard to reach your goals!