Greetings, trailblazers! As you enter this week, know that your unique journey adds color to our community tapestry. Your presence and dedication make us stronger. Get ready to make waves and paint this week with your achievements!
I. Upcoming Events
Check out what we have coming up in the next couple of weeks:
- Sep 17th: Week 7 of our cycle. This week is the last mini-cycle to earn your stripes for belt testing. We will cover all the material for belt testing in the next two weeks prior mock testing. Make sure that you come to class focused and ready to work.
- This week 1st and 2nd stripes
- Next week 3rd and 4th stripes
- Testing information is below
- Sep 23rd-24th: USA Taekwondo Grand Prix Final. Cheer her on as, 2023 AAU, USAT, & State Champion Adelina Deleon, competes in our school’s first Grand Prix event!
- Sep 30th: South Texas Open (San Antonio, TX). Show your support for our comp team athletes as they compete in their second preseason competition at a regional level. Click here for registration. REGISTER
- Oct 4th-5th: Color Belt Testing. More info below. Check your emails for registration. Let’s have another fantastic performance!!
- Oct 16th-20th: Fall Break Martial Arts Mastery Camp. Elevate skills, make friends, and prep for Texas Junior Championships! Join our dynamic Fall Break Taekwondo Camp, Oct 16-20! Click HERE for details.
- Oct 14th: Parent’s Night Out – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Movie Night & Costume Party. Unleash your inner superhero and celebrate with us! You can register here. OCTOBER PNO
- Oct 21st: 42nd Annual UMA Championships. Get set for the thrill of the 42nd Annual UMA Championships – our HCT Pearland Comp Team’s debut in the regular season. Our champions are gearing up to showcase their dedication and skill!
- Nov 4th: Staff training (primary staff and leadership team) This event promises to enhance our teamwork, sharpen our skills, and ensure we deliver the best experience possible. Get ready for a day of learning and collaboration!
II. Testing Information
- Testing Dates: Wednesday, October 4th & Thursday, October 5th
- Registration Details: Registration will be conducted online through the links provided in the email invitation.
- Testing Schedule: The schedule will be outlined in the registration email. You can also find the testing schedule and more details by clicking here: OCTOBER COLOR BELT TESTING
III. Schedule Changes
- We will be open on the following dates:
- Oct 9th: Columbus Day
- Oct 16-20th: Fall Break. Will be open for normal business hours
- Nov 20-22nd: Thanksgiving Break. We will have a modified schedule.
- To stay up-to-date with the latest schedule changes, please make sure you follow us on social media.
IV. Training Tips
- Mastering the Axe Kick. Enhance your martial arts skills with our simple workout to perfect the axe kick. Discover essential tips for flexibility, balance, and precision, and follow a fun and engaging workout routine designed for you to practice at home. Start your journey towards mastering this unique martial arts technique. You can read more tips to refine your axe kick here in our blog, click HERE.
V. School Announcements
- Elevate your Taekwondo skills this Fall Break! Join our 5-day Martial Arts Mastery Camp, catering to all ages and skill levels. Experience sparring, poomsae, and board-breaking seminars, and prepare for an upcoming tournament. Unleash your potential, achieve mastery, and embrace the spirit of martial arts. Secure your spot today! FALL BREAK CAMP
- If you know anyone interested in an after-school activity, spread the word about our Back-to-School Special for New Students! A FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP! 🎉 You can share the link FREE TRIAL.
- For those in intermediate or advanced belts, gearing up for your black belt test, or simply looking for sparring gear or uniforms, your search ends here! Look no further! Click on the link provided and unlock a world of high-quality equipment and apparel. Your journey toward excellence starts with the right tools – so let’s gear up and make every moment count! Click the link SPARRING GEAR
VI. Student Spotlight
In a thrilling and unforgettable tournament, our team of talented athletes showcased their determination, skills, and sportsmanship, leaving a mark that will be remembered for years to come. With a mix of newcomers and seasoned competitors, each member brought their unique strengths to the arena, contributing to an impressive total medal count. Let’s take a closer look at their remarkable performances. Click HERE for the recap.
VII. Community Outreach
- Join us in supporting our future after-school program by contributing to our donation drive for school-related items. We’re on the lookout for children’s books, activity books, paper, pencils, crayons, color pencils, and more. Your generosity makes a lasting impact! If you have gently used items to share, simply drop them off at the front desk.
- Join us in the fight against hunger! 🥫 From October 22nd to November 4th, HCT Pearland is hosting a food drive for the Houston Food Bank. Let’s make a difference together and ensure no one goes hungry in our community. Drop off non-perishable items like water, crackers, and canned goods at our school entrance. Together, we can kick hunger to the curb! Read more HERE
- Be ready to work when you come to class and remember to bring your belt to class.
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
- Wayne Gretzky’s quote reminds us that if we don’t try, we’ll never succeed. It’s like a game of hockey – if you don’t take a shot at the goal, you’ll never score. So, don’t be afraid to try new things and take chances in life. That’s how you achieve your goals and dreams.