Monday Kickstart Mar 07-13
Happy Monday family and friends. Here’s your weekly news for March 07-13.
1. Where are we?
- Blue Cycle – We are in our second week of Blue cycle. Students will be rewarded with this stripe once they are able to demonstrate their testing requirements with no assistance. Also, students must show they are responsible to handle a new rank. That means not only will they need to be on their best behavior at the school, but in the classroom and at home as well.
- Parents, if you want to know what is needed to assist at home just let me know. Make sure you bring your belt to class. If you are missing your stripes you should come see me sooner than later.
- Remember: stripes, as well as belts, are earned through hard work and effort. Therefore, they can be lost by lack of effort and/or disobedient behavior. Students are responsible for their progression and held accountable. Every day they make a promise to have respect, give their best effort, and have courtesy. I hold them to that promise.
2. When are we testing?
- Friday, March 26th starting at 4 pm (make up times available). Candidates that are testing will receive an email with registration link no later than March 15th.
BELT TESTING TIMES:
- 4:00 PM Tots (All Belts)
- 4:30 PM Beginners (White – Yellow Belts)
- 5:30 PM Intermediate/Advanced (Green – 1/2 Red 1/2 Black Belts)
- 6:30 PM Teen / Adults (All Belts)
- Registration fee for belt testing is $40.00. You can pay via online, in person, or card on file.
- Uniform for testing will be FULL UNIFORM (top & bottom) AND BELT.
- There will be NO REGULAR CLASSES that Friday or Saturday.
- Classes will resume Monday, March 29th.
Here are the future testing dates for 2021 (dates are subject to change):
- April 30
- May 28
- July 30
- August 27
- September 24
- October 29
- November 19
- December 17
3. School Closure Dates:
- Mar 26-27 – Belt Testing
- Apr 10th – Region 9 AAU Tournament @ Sam Houston State University
- April 30 – Belt Testing
- July 4-10 – AAU Nationals (details to follow)
4. School Schedule
There are no changes to the class schedule but if you need a copy you can get one HERE.
5. Camp Accelerate
We are cancelling our Spring Break Camp due to the low demand. We will host Accelerate Camp at another time, be on the look out.
6. Competition Team
During Spring Break we will be hosting morning practice for our new tryouts in addition to our normal evening times. Morning times will be Monday – Thursday 9am-12pm.
Region 9 Tournament is here!!
- Location: Sam Houston State Univ, Johnson Coliseum, Huntsville TX
- Entry Fee: 1 or 2 events $95, additional events $25 each
- Coaches Fee: $25 no later than April 5th.
- Spectator Fee: Adults $10, Kids $5, Under 3 Free
- Registration is online only. You can register HERE
- Deadline for registration is no later than April 5th.
- Staging times for Olympic Sparring 5-11 year olds @ 9am
- Staging times for Olympic Sparring 12 and up @10am
- Staging times for Forms @ 1pm
Other Tournament Dates:
- May 22 – AAU Southwest Distict @ Arlington TX
- July 4-10 AAU Nationals in Las Vegas, NV
It’s going to be a great week, see you all at the school!