Monday Kickstart Mar 21-27
Happy Monday family and friends. Here’s your weekly news for March 21-27.
1. Where are we?
- Test Week – The next four days we will be reviewing and rehearsing preparation for our belt test this Friday. If you don’t have any stripes make sure you bring your belt to class. This will be an excellent opportunity for our newer students in to catch up and earn their first red stripe or second stripe.
- Parents, if you want to know what is needed to assist at home just let me know. Make sure you bring your belt to class. If you are missing your stripes you should come see me sooner than later.
2. When are we testing?
- Friday, March 26th starting at 4 pm (make up times available). Candidates that are testing have already been notified.
BELT TESTING TIMES:
- 4:00 PM Tots (All Belts)
- 5:00 PM Beginners (White – Yellow Belts)
- 6:00 PM Intermediate/Advanced (Green – 1/2 Red 1/2 Black Belts)
- 7:00 PM Teen / Adults (All Belts)
- Registration fee for belt testing is $40.00. You can pay via online, in person, or card on file.
- Uniform for testing will be FULL UNIFORM (top & bottom) AND BELT.
- There will be NO REGULAR CLASSES that Friday or Saturday.
- Classes will resume Monday, March 29th.
Here are the future testing dates for 2021 (dates are subject to change):
- April 30
- May 28
- July 30
- August 27
- September 24
- October 29
- November 19
- December 17
3. School Closure Dates:
- Mar 26-27 – Belt Testing (there will be no classes on Saturday)
- Apr 10th – Region 9 AAU Tournament @ Sam Houston State University
- April 30 – Belt Testing
- June 5
- July 4-10 – AAU Nationals (tentative dates…details to follow)
4. School Schedule
There are no changes to the class schedule but if you need a copy you can get one HERE.
5. Competition Team
Region 9 Tournament is here!!
- Location: Sam Houston State Univ, Johnson Coliseum, Huntsville TX
- Entry Fee: 1 or 2 events $95, additional events $25 each
- Coaches Fee: $25 no later than April 5th.
- Spectator Fee: Adults $10, Kids $5, Under 3 Free
- Registration is online only. You can register HERE
- Deadline for registration is no later than April 5th.
- Staging times for Olympic Sparring 5-11 year olds @ 9am
- Staging times for Olympic Sparring 12 and up @10am
- Staging times for Forms @ 1pm
Other Tournament Dates:
- May 22 – AAU Southwest Distict @ Arlington TX
- July 4-10 AAU Nationals in Las Vegas, NV
It’s going to be a great week, see you all at the school!